Nordic Insurance Software is looking for a Junior Business Analyst (student position) to join our team in Copenhagen
Nordic Insurance Software is a market leading global provider of sales, claims and assistance software solutions for the travel, expatriate and health insurance industry.
Our growing team is spread across the globe, with over 50 employees located at our headquarters in Denmark, and additional staff located in Poland, the UK and Canada. Our mix of people from diverse cultures and educational backgrounds, combined with our entrepreneurial mindset, makes for a unique working environment characterized by strong drive, scientific curiosity and teamwork.
Our department and ambitions
We provide consultancy services to our clients through a highly skilled team of industry professionals. NIS consultancy combines business analysis, system knowledge and best practice knowledge to enable client success through executable strategies.
We are looking for a new skilled, energetic and technical colleague to join us. The position is a part-time/student role, and we expect you to be able to work 15-20 hours per week outside of your studies. You will refer directly to the head of Consulting.
We focus on employee wellbeing and retention; therefore the role comes with a range of career development opportunities and a chance for a permanent position after the completion of your studies.
Our department currently consists of 14 determined team members who are responsible for driving the end-to-end transformation, from strategy to global implementation, of our standard software products. In this exciting role you will support your colleagues in transforming client business needs into actual software solutions. Furthermore, you will:
- Support our consultants and senior consultants on deliverables
- Support transformation from client requirements to NIS specifications
- Support and handle customer-related tasks
- Drive business analysis tasks for our clients and for internal optimization initiatives
- Execute BA tasks related to client requests:
- Configuration of insurance products, reports and fulfillment templates based on Java, SQL and other technical tools
- Configuration of NIS application based on client requirements
To succeed in the role, you have the following qualifications
- Currently finalizing a bachelor’s or master’s degree within IT, engineering, science, business, or economics with a focus on business processes and transformation processes
- Ability to quickly learn and be well prepared for a steep learning curve
- Have a pragmatic and constructive approach to challenges and collaborations, as well as the ability to work independently and structured
- Have commercial flair
- Have good communication skills both verbally and in writing in both Danish and English – additional language skills would be greatly appreciated as we are an international company
- Preferably SQL, Java or other coding skills, but not a must
You can expect
- Great opportunities to evolve, grow and expand your knowledge base
- To meet skilled and committed colleagues and become part of a workplace with plenty of opportunities within a global organisation
- Allocated time for knowledge-building around our organisation, structures, products, processes and the insurance industry
- A dynamic and unpretentious operation, which is characterized by professional competence, commitment, creativity, humor, and respect
- That NIS creates the conditions that allows you to perform the best possible way
More about NIS
Our office is centrally placed at Østerbro, with a great view of the Copenhagen rooftop skyline. However, work structures are flexible regarding both working hours and working from home, and we ultimately aim to create an environment that balances each employees’ best working conditions with a dynamic and collaborative team atmosphere.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
NIS is committed to promoting a culture based on inclusion, development, embracement, and recognition for an individual’s talent, and where each employees’ input is regarded equally amongst their peers and management alike.
We truly believe that diversity and inclusion will broaden our thinking which will form the basis for better decision making. Our inclusive culture will also inspire us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold.
If the position sounds like something for you, and you would like to become part of our team, send your application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and hire when we have found the right candidate, so feel free to send in your application asap.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact our Head of Consulting, Azam Nazim, by email on email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.